Delta Theta Sigma (ΔΘΣ) was started in 1906 at The Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio. The idea, conceived primarily by three men; Maxwell Corotius, Samuel N. Kerr, and Stanley B. Stowe, with Determination, Thoughtfulness and Sincerity. The fraternity was incorporated under the laws of the State of Ohio on April 5, 1907 with 17 charter members.
The brotherhood of Delta Theta Sigma is composed of elite agriculture majors from all over the United States. The national Delta Theta Sigma network includes seven chapters: The Ohio State University, University of Wisconsin- Madison and River Falls, University of Minnesota- Saint Paul and Crookston, Wilmington College in Ohio, and Penn State University. Brothers share common interests in agriculture and outdoor recreation. A majority of the members come from farm backgrounds or rural areas, which provides common bonds through experiences.
We, the members of Delta Theta Sigma Fraternity
in order to promote agriculture
to secure a higher degree of scholarship
to foster the spirit of brotherhood in our vocation
and to insure social and cultural unity
do promote our organization to the fulfillment of these ideals.